Recently to heat a hot tub with a gas hot tub heater is common. There are many different sizes of heaters range from 50,000 Btu and up. For spas, in most instances it’s sufficient to use a fifty, 000-250,000 Btu heater. However, there are enormous electrical heaters which will be used to heat a hot tub spa similarly.
This heater is almost never used for transportable spas, hot tubs and Jacuzzis any longer. All of them have electrical heaters plus top quality spa covers. So there’s no reason to use outsized natural gas or propane heaters. In-ground spas and hot tubs need gas hot tub heaters.
The explanation, that they’re much larger which there’s not abundant insulation in them a five hundred gallon spa heated by a seventy five,000 Btu natural gas or propane heater. It can do regarding twenty minutes to drive heat depending on the initial temperature of the water as well as the outside temperature.
Advantages of natural gas or propane heaters
- Quick heating time
- Disadvantages natural gas or propane heaters
- High initial price
- Bulky, they have to be hidden
Convert Natural Gas Hot Tub to Propane
This could be easy to change because it involves changing a fit to allow it to be modified from natural gas hot tub to propane – however this change should be created.
If it’s plumbed for natural gas, you’ll got to adjust it for propane. Your local propane distributor will make the change for you. You would like to probably modification a regulator and adjust the dimensions of the orifices as Gas and propane point entirely different sizes.
You may be able to get a kit from the current tub supplier, or if you decide to make the plumbing and heating equipment, they ought to be able to assist you at a minimum fee. MLK682 is true there’s not overflowing to it.
However, it is not easy to get the required kit from an supplier while not a license. It’s a matter of fixing the orifices also the pressure regulator within the management. Unless you have gotten some skill during this field, it is recommended you do not try change from natural gas hot tub to propane yourself.
Jacuzzi S750000 RapidHeat In-Line Heater For Whirlpools
- Equipped with preset vacuum switch, which prevents operation of heater if pump is not running
- Union adapters included to connect with any 2-Inch pump suction line; 115V
- Includes high-limit switch to guard against overheating
- For use with whirlpools only
- Heater can be field installed on: Amiga, Bianca, Capella, Cetra w/ skirt, Cetra 536, Fresco, Gallery 5 Oval, Gallery 6 Oval
Keep your whirlpool bath water at the temperature you desire without adding more water. Available as an upgrade on comfort products.
Hayward CSPAXI11 11-Kilowatt Electric Spa Heater
- Sophisticated, electric spa and hot tub heater
- Stainless steel tank with stainless steel threaded head; safety sensor heating element
- Service-ease design gives simple access to internal controls
- Heater on indicator light
- Hayward 11kw 240v Electric Spa Heater